Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Mary don't burn down the house.

It’s 9 am and here comes the fire engine, lights flashing, sirens and they stop around the corner at Mary’s house, then I hear the distinctive beep, beep of an alarm system. My neighbor and I walk over to Mary’s house, no flames – good, no ambulance – good, smoke – bad. Well, not too bad it appears Mary tried to boil chicken and forgot and now has pan burned smoked chicken.

Now Mary is a very good cook, so how did this happen. Mary is also a real estate agent. So we jokingly asked her if she is trying to burn down the house and then she can buy a new one and stimulate the housing market. She looks at us and say’s damm that is a great idea with all the expensive foreclosed homes I could move up. No not worth the trouble, but I guess I am going out for dinner tonight. So maybe it was one of the restaurants in the area that drained the water from the pot while she wasn’t looking.

Well I just I might as well go take a nap that was too much excitement.

Oh, by the way, don’t forget buy a smoke detector and if you have them put new batteries in them, I am sure Mary is happy hers worked this morning.

No comments: