Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Joe's Leading Indicators Show Economy Going Up.

Joe’s leading indicators show the economy getting better in about 5-6 months and it has started to move upward.

For those of you who read my blog and don’t know this I also make and sell reproduction military insignia, www.1903.com, if you want to look. Well this is not a giant field and it the insignia is sold to collectors, re-enactor and museums. So in a way a limited crowd, but a worldwide crowd. I ship overseas at least 3-4 packages a week. A few months ago when the Euro ruled I was shipping 8-10 packages a week and my US sales tanked. Then everything tanked.

Now I call this my leading indicators because I can track sales shipments and get a general feel for what is going on. For example, last July sales dropped 50% from June and then remained low until December, when I saw an up tick But all of a sudden in January the sales moved up ten percent over Jan 08 and this February is already up 33% over last year with 4 days to go.

So if I look over my sales the drop was predicted about six months before all hell broke use and so I now have to say in 5-6 months we should be moving up again.

No comments: