Monday, September 13, 2010

Weingarten for 29th District State Representative

As a candidate running for state office and I find that people have become so hot headed they can’t think and follow the latest jargon or fad without thinking. Some want to end taxes but don’t tell me how they will pay to repair the roads or make sure gas lines don’t burst. Some base their entire vote on one issue and don’t care about what any other issue from that candidate. Some are unwilling to listen and drown out anything anyone else wants to say. It is their way and no other. Folks this is not a sporting event for your old high school but that is how many are acting. Its not just people the ones in office sometimes act as if it is their god given right to remain in office forever.

We need people who think, who are willing to work together to find solutions. We should vote out of office those that refuse to work with those of other parties, we should vote for the candidate that we agree with on most items and realize we are not going to agree 100%. If the person running for office agrees with you 100% they are lying. Don’t vote for them. If they won’t listen to you and only speak, don’t vote for them. You want someone you can sit down with alone and have a discussion. If they have been in office forever and don’t do anything for you and your neighbors vote them out, don’t vote for them because you are in the same party. Maybe your party need a kick in the ….

What I fear is that we are moving away from what I have written above. We are moving more and more to a house divided and that they would rather see failure of the other side than work for the common good. It is time we became united again and have a responsible government at all levels.

This is why I running. I have worked in the federal government where we worked together to find answers, not to run away from problems. I will not agree with you 100% and you will not agree with me 100% but I am willing to sit down and talk and listen. We still may not agree but I will tell you why. But we will talk. Go try and talk to your current elected officials. I think you will find rather fast they don't care at all what you say. I am also running against a machine that will do anything to stay in power. To violate state laws and to be unethical. Is that the kind of government you want. I doubt it. So please think for this November. Don't just push the party button ask question find out about the candidates and vote as if your life depends on it, because it does.
I am Joe Weingarten and I approve this message.
Weingarten for 29th District State Representative

No comments: