Thursday, July 19, 2012

Fishers Town Council you have totally confused me.

Here is what I don’t understand maybe some of my republican friends can help me out. I just found out two things about the Fishers Town Council that has me confused. First was an article in the Current that the Town Council raised taxes. What Republicans raising taxes? Isn’t that something that Republicans always say only Democrats do, so how come they were doing it? I guess they ran out of hidden fees to raise which is Fishers favorite trick. Hide the tax increase. But this time out in the open what happened? The tax increase was from 2 cents per $100 of property value to 5 cents. Holly smoke more than double. Of course they call it a small and one that is “not significant.” Just love the double talk. Now the next one is even better. Fishers and Hamilton Southeastern Schools signed a Memorandum of Understanding where Fishers is going to maintain the grounds of the School’s property. You have got to read this. It sure sounds like a private contract between the School and its contractor Fishers. The School is going to pay Fishers labor costs plus 10% if they need additional help. Well the total cost to the school is $446,834.00 plus of course any additional help with that 10% surcharge. Well this brings me to some questions. I was told Republicans believed in less government and more private business. Did any private landscape company have a chance to bid on this project? Is the Town of Fishers growing in employment to do this extra work and therefore the government is getting larger. If Fishers claims it is not hiring any extra people does that mean they had too many employees and another Republican creed of smaller government just went down the drain or should I say was mowed down. Now you can see why I am totally confused by this totally Republican government council in action. They raise taxes, expand government and take away jobs from the private sector. Are they the new type of Republican? Or are they something else. Please someone help me understand this.

No comments: