Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Sometimes Technology forgets the customer



My wife and I upgraded our iPhones to the new OS8 software and it has been nothing but a pain in the rear end. This has got to be the worst upgrade I have ever seen with Apple. Just read many of the comments on many of the various web sites. BTW- when I shut off Wi-Fi many of the problems went away. So if you have an iPhone and have upgraded it and it is doing very strange things shut off your Wi-Fi. But having to spend hours re-configuring sounds etc is out and out dumb. It is almost as if you lost your phone and have to start over with a new one and in many cases your old data, well you forgot to back it up.

But then if you have an iPad beware they do even stranger things. Just read all the postings on various web sites and not the Apple ones. What may be the real problem is that Apple never tested the new software against all the various applications under the old operating system and new conflicts have popped up causing all of these problems.

This is a clear case of where a few engineers and designers at Apple believe that they know what you the customer wants and they know what is best for you. Under Apple vale of secret they don’t ask anyone. They live in their glass box with one-way glass the plot on what you want, even if you don’t want it.

Sort of like the politicians here in Indiana.

Sorry I wish I could continue but I have to go and see why Siri keeps calling out my name.

No comments: