Saturday, July 9, 2016

Joe Weingarten for Hamilton County Surveyor


Republicans of Hamilton County at war within the County Council and Commissioners.

It is interesting to watch the battle between them and therefore putting the public at risk.  As a result they can’t fund an expansion of the jail or a public safety-training center. 

What is very interesting is the dollar amount between what has been proposed and what the projected income is which would result in a deficit spending of  $369,000. Now $369,000 sounds like a lot of money and don’t get me wrong it is, but it is less than ½ of a percent. That includes a lot more than just these two items. What is even worst is that the county has $60 million in reserves and a few of the elected people are fearful of draining these reserves. Give me a break that is exactly what a reserve is for. Is $369,000 a real drain on 60 million or is that a cover story.  I think it is a fake excuse plain and simple.

It is the same at the state level where the worst governor in many years keeps cutting back to save for a rainy day and the sun keeps shining. Ask anyone in DNR about how many conservation officer vacancies exist. Call many state offices and you get a tape-recording because state offices are undermanned.

Back to the county, it is time for the people of this county to realize it is time to stop the one party rule. Don’t believe me go to any Council or Commission meeting and watch in horror. As one item after another is presented by title, seconded and passed. What was that about you ask yourself and on they go on to the next item, read a title, call for a motion, do I hear a second, all in favor. Passed. Next. Read a title, call for a motion, do I hear a second, all in favor. Passed. Next. Do I need to do this again or did you get the picture?

Is this the kind of government you want? I don’t think so. Of course if you believe they will always act in your favor, go for it and ignore what your government is doing.  I don’t think it is what you want.

I am now running for County Surveyor another position that has been held too long by one person and therefore no consideration of the public at large. Almost as if it’s his personal office and no one should run against him. Well its time voters have a choice. I am giving voters a choice and hope they will elect me this fall.

Over the next few months I will be providing information about myself and about the office I am running for.

Joe Weingarten for Hamilton County Surveyor and I fully approve this message.



Paid for by Weingarten for Surveyor.

No comments: