Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Comcast the new Evil Empire

For years Microsoft was called the “Evil Empire” well I think the title has transferred to Comcast. The problem is that Comcast controls the cable in our area and we don’t have any competition. No other cable company can come into the area yet they can do almost as they please.

Here is the latest from the evil doers.

Comcast is going to charge everyone $6.95 per TV in their home for a digital converter box. Even if you have a digital TV. This will start later this spring. They told me it was due to government requirements. I contacted the FCC and they said they did not have any such requirement. I contacted the Indiana Utility Commission and did not know of any such requirement. They even wanted me to fax them the copy of the notice I got.

Sounds like just a way for Comcast to raise rates. How many TV’s do you have in your house?

Where is our government to control an activity that has a monopoly?

No comments: