Sunday, April 27, 2008

E-mail from a neighbor on property taxes.

I just got this e-mail from a neighbor:

I have lived in Indiana for 33 years. At least 30 of those years
Assessed property taxes were due and payable no later than May 10th
And November 10th.

I stopped by the courthouse to inquire about my property taxes.
"The taxes are not ready yet", I was told. "In Indiana property
taxes are in arrears. You pay the 2007 taxes in 2008 and this being
an election year, the Indiana General Assembly did not want property
taxes arriving just before the spring election."

"Many property owners are going to pay higher taxes in 2008!"

He is right. A number of factors come to play; first and foremost the people in office will use every trick in the book to make you believe they are working for you. Look at all the e-mails and flyers in the mail form the statehouse or congressmen still in office, making you think they are working for you. Well folks they are costing you a lot of money. Those mailings are not cheap. The four color printing and mailing to thousands. It’s all your money. No wonder taxes are so high.

Delay collection of taxes by a few days, so you don’t remember how much your are paying, why not. Get your vote before you get mad over the tax bills.

I wrote a letter to the Governor asking that the state take action to notify banks and mortgage holder of the reductions in taxes so the monthly payments to them could be reduced. No reply from the Governor. I can’t image why. Is it because a candidate for office asked that he do something for the people? Well, maybe. But I doubt it.

Its time for a change, its time to change and remove people from office who have been in office so long they forgot what the word “represent” means.

My name is Joe Weingarten and I approve this message.

Weingarten for 29th District State Representative

No comments: