Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Fishers, IN - The un-Freedom Festival.

Since I am running for office I look for ways to meet people and talk with them. So when the Town of Fishers had a big festival the week before the 4th of July I looked into the gala event.

I was shocked – no politics. No politics in the parade, such as car with vote for Joe signs. Well it stands to reason, you see the Town of Fishers is run as if it were a kingdom of a few and of course no outsider are allowed. The Town Council has been discussed many times in this blog.

Well, I went anyway to the festival and walked around handing out my cards, after all it was held in a public park, and if anyone stopped me I would remind them of the little thing called the Constitution and the First Amendment.

A note to the committee next year please call this the festival by a name that reflects your philosophy. The Fishers Un-Freedom Festival.

Oh, one more thing, when you set up the blow-up Statue of Liberty next year, could you clean it before you blow it up. It looked rather pitiful.

My name is Joe Weingarten and I approve this message.

No comments: